The app is dog shit and only getting worse.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Steve Jones" <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2018 10:14:03 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: IM Services

i use hangouts to communicate with my boy, its handy

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 9:04 PM, Brian Webster < i...@wirelessmapping.com >
wrote:

One to consider is Google Voice.

You sign up for a free phone number account but it also has a chat client. Can
be app based on the phone or browser based as well. One nice feature of the
Google Voice chat is that you can also be texting/chatting with mobile users
just like texting between phones. Make conversations, with those in the office
easier because they don't have to use their phone, they can be on the computer
using a full keyboard. Supports full MMS, pictures, hyperlinks etc. There is a
chrome plugin as well. Side benefit is that is have the voice/phone features
including voicemail and voicemail to text transcription, call screening and
call forwarding based on rules or no answer conditions.

Still is the evil empire and them tracking al that you do so there is that
drawback

https://voice.google.com

Thank You,
Brian Webster