From: Lewis Bergman
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 6:36 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT One for the borg

I own a small storage business called 277 Storage. First I would say, there is
storage business software that wraps this all up for you. For something of that
scale, I would think the ROI of that software is prohibitive, but likely less
so than doing it yourself with what I assume your time is worth. At least that
was the case last time I looked. There is somebody in Utah that claims to have
software a small business like you describe could afford.

The second thing I would say is I wouldn't do it with conex boxes. While I Like
those containers and they are generally tighter than purpose built storage
buildings, they turn renters off. Every site I have seen with them looks a bit
dodgy and people seem to expect to pay less for those sites. A fence would  be
advisable. Units without fencing get burglary attempts than non fenced. I think
it is likely due to the perception thieves have about the rest of the attitude
on security.

Maybe I am wrong but the people who call me are more worried about security
than price. I would also suggest putting up a HikVision, or if you prefer,
Ubiquiti, camera system as well. Even a fake camera system would be worth the
effort. Lastly, Throw all that out if this land isn't in a good location and
just use conex boxes. Storage is a real estate business similar to others and
if the location isn't good you will fight that uphill battle. If there are a
lot of businesses in the area they may like those for storage. Don't know. We
have had really good results with our warehouse storage. Call if you want to
talk about it.