Interesting thought.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Carl Peterson" <cpeter...@portnetworks.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: 4/17/2018 5:23:39 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Switch Storm Control

If you are doing fiber with active ethernet, why not just run QinQ with a CVLAN for each port and an SVLAN back to wherever?

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:40 PM, Dave <dmilho...@wletc.com> wrote:
OMG!
 what a broadcast nightmare :)

On 04/17/2018 11:49 AM, Sterling Jacobson wrote:
Well, I’m using 48 port or more switches attached to each other, so I need something to limit it.

The switches typically limit ingress per port, so a low limiter should only affect the devices behind that port if one of the devices storm out.

I do have DHCP snooping, but that doesn’t necessarily block other types of bad traffic like that.

One thing I have to be careful of is to not broadly limit the uplink ports as well.