From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com> On Behalf Of Justin Marshall
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 12:30 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Mikrotik: Making usre X bandwidth is available for a given
device

Hi,

I have a customer with a 120M/120M connection.  This is for a church that
usually has 100-250 users on wifi at any given time.

I need to make sure that at least 15M/15M is available at all times for a given
streaming device, but I also want to make sure any wifi users have full access
to the other 105M.  What is the best way to go about this?

Is there a way to use PCQ to accomplish this? Dedicate 105/105 to PCQ which
would leave the remaining 15M available to the other device (e.g. if i moved
the streaming device to a different subnet)?
I see an example on how to see a max limit for each PCQ user, but I can't seem
to find any that set a max limit for all PCQ users.
(https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Queues_-_PCQ_Examples)

Is there a better way to go about this? Marking packets?  If so, does anyone
know of a good tutorial?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin