Title: Travel to FESPACO - time to book NOW!

My wife, Sally and I just booked our tickets to the next FESPACO with the deal listed below.  We’ll spend an extra week in Europe on the way back for $75 each additional.  They’ve organized our travel for the last 4-5 FESPACOs and they do a good job and are reasonably cheap.  Getting bookings at the Independence Hotel isn’t easy nor cheap, and I think that $1,800 for airfare to / from NY City on Air France and 8 nights and breakfasts at the Independence is pretty good.  (We’re not connected to them in any way, FYI, so my promotion of them is not biased.)

BUT theyve already got 17 seats sold, and it could be that the max they can handle is 20-24, so dont be mislead by the Dec 30th deadline below.  I think they could sell out much sooner than that.

Also dont forget that a Burkina Faso visa is needed by Americans and many other nationalities, and that you have to fill a form to register for the festival.  Im getting both forms from Betty of Access Africa.

I just heard of another good deal that is only airfare that might be good for those that have another place to stay:

Colorado Springs - Houston - Paris - Ouaga

Airlines are Continental and Air France

Price is $1379 + $140 taxes = $1519

Does anyone else know of any other deals?

Cheers, Steve Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-=-=-=-=-

THE BEST OF AFRICAN FILM

18TH FESPACO

FEBRUARY 22-MARCH 01, 2003

Enjoy 9 Days of Nonstop Film Viewing And More >>>>>>>>

For Just $1800

·       R/T from JFK onboard Air France
·       R/T airport transfers
·       8 nights Hotel Independence plus breakfast
·       Accreditation

FESPACO is the acknowledged film festival for the best films from Africa and the Black Diaspora.

It serves as a forum for the exchange of ideas, networking between filmmakers, producers, directors, and distributors.  The block long display of artifacts from around Africa is an added appeal.  The bi-annual festival attracts over 400,000 spectators worldwide.

Access Africa, Inc, has been offering air/land packages for the past 10 years.  We invite you to take advantage of our package and participate in this exciting festival parlayed into a unique cultural experience.

OFFER CLOSES:   DECEMBER 30, 2002

A non-refundable deposit of $200 is needed to confirm space.   Major credit cards accepted for air portion.

Money order/check:  land portion.

ITINERARY:

Day 1, Thursday, Feb 20:

7:55p: Lv JFK onboard Air France to Paris

Day 2, Friday, Feb 21:

8:50a:  Arrive Paris. 11a flight to Ouagadougou.  5:30p arrival, transfer to Hotel Independence

Day 3, Saturday, Feb 22:

Accreditation and opening ceremonies

Day 4-8, Sunday Feb 23- Friday Feb 28:

Fespaco festivities, workshops, etc

Day 9,  Saturday March 01:

Closing ceremonies.  11:45p departure to Paris

Day 10, Sunday March 02:

6:15a: Arrive Paris, connecting flight to JFK, at noon arriving late afternoon.

CONTACT: Access Africa, Inc, 82 Wall Street, Suite 1105, New York, NY 10005

Tel: (212) 368-6561, (800) 972-5212, Fax: (212) 368-3150

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  website: www.accessafrica.com

---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]