From: "Steve Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "AFRICAN CINEMA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: "Can a Film Romance Persuade Nigerians to Practice Safe Sex?" Wall Street Journal article Dec 20, 2002
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 12:36:52 -0500
In case you missed it, there was a front page article in the WSJ
recently about the video AWAKENING by Yakubu Mohammed, made with
US$29,000 of funding from Family Health International / USAID. It was
made in Kano (Kannywood), and already AWAKENING 2 and AWAKENING 3 are
being planned. It is an AIDS story that is estimated to reach tens of
millions of viewers. Interestingly the word, "condom" is never
mentioned. I only have the article in hard copy (thanks to my
brother-in-law, who is a regular Journal reader), but perhaps it is
available online at the WSJ website. If you can't find it, and need a
copy, I think it is legal for me to mail / fax you a copy.
What a great use of the media for social purposes, and how nice to see
it on the front page of one of the world's biggest newspapers!
Cheers, Steve Smith, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The new MSN 8 is here: Try it free* for 2 months ---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]