MFDI is beginning to experiment with distributing our African social message videos via the internet.  So far we have gotten two Zimbabwean and Ugandan videos, “Consequences” and “It’s Not Easy” online.  They are available at our website, www.mfdi.org in the Documents and Links section, Video Links.  You need to have Real Player installed on your computer.  (It is available at www.real.com free if you need it.)  Or you can just paste the links below into your browser (but you still need Real Player).

rtsp://video.kennisnet.nl/cp31/Its_not_Easy.rm

rtsp://video.kennisnet.nl/cp31/Consequences.rm

We want to thank Kennisnet (www.kennisnet.nl or [EMAIL PROTECTED] ) and Outdare (www.outdare.com or [EMAIL PROTECTED] ) for their pro-bono help in making this happen.

We are very interested in any and all feedback on how well this works on your computer, or what you think of the concept of distributing videos this way.  It is all new to us!  We will be meeting with Outdare in March, and trying to work out ways to put more videos online, and to improve this new distribution modality.  So any comments are welcome – either direct to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED] or to the whole list server at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,

Steve Smith

Media for Development International

184 Crescent Lane

Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 USA

Tel:  1 970 384 1190

Fax:  1 970 384 1191

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.mfdi.org

---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]