Xposted from  H-NET List for African Expressive Culture
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of H-AfrArts (Editor, M.W.
Conner)

From: Akwe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

As allAfrica.com's executive editor, I'm keen to expand our arts
coverage. We are primarily a site that delivers news and information
direct from Africa-based publications and broadcasters but we do also
include press releases and stories about Africa-related events and
diaspora-centred events abroad.  If you have an event, or a conference,
publish a book or write a report that you feel would be of interested to
the global African affairs audience please do send it to us at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or contact me directly if you would like to
discuss an idea.

In case H-AfrArts users aren't aware of it, allAfrica.com has a number
of pages which offer African arts and related news direct from the
African press. This covers anything from antiquities to modern artists,
from  ethnographic musical surveys to the latest album releases,  book
reviews and news about/interviews with writers and a host of other
topics. You can visit those pages at
http://allafrica.com/arts/
http://allafrica.com/books/
http://allafrica.com/music/

You can also access Afropop's service through allAfrica.com at
http://allafrica.com/partners/afropop/

and listen to the BBC's African weekly arts programme Artbeat at
http://allafrica.com/partners/bbc/

More generally, our home page is at
http://allafrica.com/

and you might like to look at the photogalleries at
http://allafrica.com/photoessay/

Akwe Amosu (Ms), Executive Editor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

(This is a bit tangential to our subject, but I think many would be
interested.  As always feedback is welcome, Steve Smith, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
)

---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [archive@jab.org]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]