From: Keyan Tomaselli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Taylor and Francis would be prepared to reprint the theme issue listed
below  if we can secure 50-60 firm orders at $20-25..  If you are
interested in ordering  a copy please get back to me (Keyan) by June
30th, 2003.  Keyan Tomaselli and Paul Hockings
---------------------------------------
                    Visual Anthropology   12(2-3) 1999
           THEME ISSUE:  ENCOUNTERS IN THE KALAHARI

                       Keyan G Tomaselli,    Editor

INTRODUCTION

Encounters in the Kalahari:  Some Points of Departure
-- Keyan Tomaselli

I -- Issues in Visual Anthropology

"Two Kinds of Bioscope":
Practical Community Concerns and Ethnographic Film in Namibia
-- Megan Biesele (Univ. of Texas) and Robert Hitchcock (Univ. of
Nebraska)

Powering Popular Conceptions:  The !Kung  in the Marshall Family
Expedition Films of the 1950s
-- Keyan Tomaselli and Jake Homiak (Smithsonian Institution)

Psychospiritual Ecoscience:  The Ju'/hoansi and Cultural Tourism
-- Keyan Tomaselli

Textualizing the San "Past":  Dancing With Development
-- Keyan Tomaselli

II -- Paradigmatic Issues

Knowledge as a Source of Progress:  The Marshall Family Testament to
the "Bushmen"
--  Ed Wilmsen (University of Texas)

The Authentic (In)Authentic: Bushman Anthro-Tourism
--  Elizabeth Garland (Univ. of Chicago) and Rob Gordon (University of
Vermont)

DOSSIER

Shot logs on the Marshall Family Expeditionary Films, 1950- 1958.
-- Jake Homiak and Keyan Tomaselli

BOOK REVIEWS

Bush for the Bushmen by John Perrott
- Reviewed by Belinda Jeursen

In Search of the San by Paul Weinberg
-- Reviewed by Megan Biesele

Healing Makes our Hearts Happy:  Spirituality and Transformation among
the Ju/'hoansi of the Kalahari by Megan Biesele, Dick Katz and Verna St
Denis
-- Reviewed by Mathias Guenther

America's Dark images of Africa
--  Reviewed by Glen Elder and Robert Gordon

IMPORTNT
If you  are interested in purchasing a copy, please write to Keyan
Tomaelli, providing your name and post address.  Once we have a minimum
of 50 indications of interest, Paul Hockings and I will inform the
publisher.

Keyan G. Tomaselli
Professor and Chair:
Culture, Communication and Media Studies
Director: Graduate Programme
University of Natal
Durban 4041
South Africa

Tel: +31 260 2505
Fax: +31 260 1519

http://www.nu.ac.za/ccms/

e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]