WELCOME TO THE AFRICAN WORLD OF CINEMA!
Greetings Everyone!
I would like for you to join me in applauding the work of Steve Smith. His
efforts have allowed the African Cinema Conference to manifest in the
virtual world as an on-line networking opportunity, for the past six (6)
years. The initiation of this listserve, as he as indicated in a previous
email, was an attempt to allow for some resolve relating to distribution
issues, as discussed, during one of those FESPACO gatherings.
Steve’s unselfish energy has moved the African Cinema Conference on to a
platform that now accommodates nearly 200 subscribers. We as a group have
survived, mostly due to Steve’s passion for African Cinema. Without any
financial assistance from the group, he made it possible for all to
benefit greatly. To our credit, we contributed with our questions,
professional resources, and constructive intellectual support.
I ask that we continue along that path, toward building and developing an
on-line (virtual) conference and exchange service, which enhances the
industry of African cinema. Not only as a concept, but a realistic entity
for everyone who is actively pursuing production, development,
distribution, festivals and the intellectual discourse of African cinema.

How do you all feel?
Do you think we should change the focus?
Do you think we should develop a mission statement?
Do you think we should organize this group to enable more services: Public
Relations, distribution, chat, production workshops, etc.

I would love to hear from each of you with your input.

Respectfully submitted,

Sade

PS      For all of you I know...very well, “Hi ya’ll and thank you for your
support!”
And, for those of you, who have no idea who I am, or what I am about,
please check me  and some of my other projects at:
http://www.savingourbabies.com

---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]