African Cinema Conference presents...
LA AFRICAN MARKETPLACE (8/17-19)

You are invited to join the Global Cinema & Urban Music Festival, August
17-19, during the 18th Annual African Marketplace & Cultural Faire, which
features Ambassadors Stevie Wonder and Assemblyman Mark Ridley Thomas.

One of our major goals is to create an avenue by which people of color can
control the economics related to how their images are spread throughout the
world. Our first step is to look at the 49 Pan African film festivals around
the world and see how we can leverage their power to destroy the myth there is
not international market for films that feature people of color in prominent
roles.

The first African Diaspora Cinema Symposium was held in Salvador, Bahia
Brazil December 2002 to explore how to produce a series of cinema symposiums
that will become a Clearinghouse Cinema Festival to create a new type of
marketing and distribution for films and filmmakers of color around the world,
specifically in key countries of the African Diaspora.

After attending this symposium, James Burks, Founder and CEO fo the African
Marketplace, Inc. and Rashid Bahati, President and CEO of iMedia Marketing
Group expanded this vision to the Global Cinema & Urban Music Festival which
will be held on the USC campus.  Components of this symposium will travel to
Jordan in September  2003; Bahia Brazil in  December 2003 and the Agora
Festival Series in Cannes May 2004.

We invite you to come share your expertise during our symposium and get in on
the ground floor of a historical movement.  Workshop topics include:
Business For of the Festival Presenter:  State funded vs. NGO; Marketing
Research:  Audience Development, the Virtual Festival & Cultural Tourism; Impact
of the Major Festivals on the Local Presenter; Impact of the Major Studios on
the Local Presenter; Festival Portal & Networking; and a Pan African Film
Screening.

We will also present a case study of a film that was shot on digital and
transferred to film and then played the festival circuit. We will explore how
digital technology which has reduced the cost of making the product, now we
can control the means of exposure and thereby control the content and images
that are put on the screen. We go from script, to financing, to marketing and
distribution.

The Urban Music Initiative will examine:  “Hip Hop: The State of the
Movement; The Hip Hop Aesthetic; Networking & Marketpalce; A&R Workshops,
Talent Competitions, Showcase & Awards; and Summit Development:  Products,
merchanding & Futher Meetings.

We need your help to begin to focus attention on the vast market and
resources that are available in the film and music community of the African
Disapora.  We look forward to your participation in Global Cinema & Urban Music
Festival.

---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]