African Cinema Conference presents...
COSBY PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP FOR TELEVISION & FEATURE WRITERS

Los Angeles, CA-Starting its tenth year, THE GUY A. HANKS & MARVIN

MILLER SCREENWRITING PROGRAM, will begin accepting applications

August 15th - October 15, 2003.  Established by Drs. Bill and

Camille Cosby at the USC School of Cinema-Television, this non USC

program has single-handedly brought about more successful African-

American Writers in the entertainment industry than any other

program of its type.

This 15-week program meets twice a week, beginning February 2004.

It is designed to assist screenwriters complete a television or

feature script, while examining the African-American perspective in

their storytelling. Participation is free to those selected.

Alumni from the program have excelled in the entertainment industry

and have been honored by organizations including the NAACP.  Our

alumni have become a primary source for recruitment for the Disney

Writing Fellowship and the Warner Brothers Comedy and Drama Writing

Program.  Our alumni are also sought after by top agencies including

UTA, William Morris and CAA, to name a few.

Achievements from our current alumni include: Meg De Loatch, Creator

and Co-Executive Producer of "Eve" staring rap artist Eve for UPN,

Sonya Steele on ER, Tony Sparks on The District, Susan Watanabe on

One On One, Valencia Parker on My Wife & Kids, Lois Johnson on Third

Watch, Angela Smith on Divorce Court, Carol Morton on Berman and

Berman, Temi Akinyemi on Girlfriends, and Eric Haywood and Kevin

Collins on Soul Food.  Michael Ajakwe Jr., sold The Mike

Conception Story to Artisan Entertainment and is a Producer on the

Steve Harvey's Big Time.  Urban Entertainment is packaging

Jacqueline Lyanga's Harlem Hell Fighters, which she scripted while

in the 2002 program.  Walter Riley's feature Ozzie the Owl based

upon his book of the same name has Bill Duke attached to Direct.

There are also countless freelance and rewrite assignments,

independent and short films and deals in the works.  We are

definitely making a strong and positive mark in the industry.

Applications are available via our Website

http:/www-cntv.usc.edu/cosby/, or send a SASE envelope to Guy Hanks

& Marvin Miller Screenwriting Program, USC School of Cinema-

Television, Room GT132, University Park, Los Angeles, CA 90089-2211. >>

---
You are currently subscribed to african-cinema-conference as: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To unsubscribe, forward this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To activate the "digest" option go to:
<http://purcell.xc.org/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=african-cinema-conference>
and enter your screen name and password. Then you can look at your options
and make the changes to your membership profile. Please let me know if you have any difficulties.
Sade <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>