Congratulations on creating this resource! I hope it reaches many
prospective learners.

I do not set the Wikimedia Core Curriculum video courses linked there. I
would like to know whether that's a deliberate decision (and if it is, I
would be eager to learn the reason) or an oversight.

If the latter, I encourage the maintainers of this resource to check out
the Core Curriculum and consider directing learners to it. It is the only
video-based course covering the core content policies in detail, aimed at
complete beginners.

The Core Curriculum is described and linked to on this Meta page:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Africa_Growth_Pilot/Online_self-paced_course

  A.


Asaf Bartov (he/him/his)

Lead Program Officer, Emerging Communities

Community Development

Wikimedia Foundation <https://wikimediafoundation.org/>

Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
sum of all knowledge. Help us make it a reality!
https://donate.wikimedia.org



On Wed, Sep 2, 2026, 18:21 Dr Tesleemah via African-Wikimedians <
[email protected]> wrote:

> Dear Wikimedia Community Members,
>
> As part of the Wiki Leadership X (WLX) 2026 Initiative organized by
> Wikimedia User Group Nigeria and Knewrow, we have designed a Start Page
> Guide for New Editors on Wikimedia
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Getting_started_on_Wikimedia>
>
> Attend our Community Call Today by 5:00 pm WAT
>    Join here
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Event:Launching_the_WLX_2026_Contributors%27_Roadmap>
> :
>
> Your feedback will directly help us improve the guide and make Wikimedia
> more welcoming for new editors.
>
> Thank you for supporting open knowledge in Africa!
>
> Best regards,
> Global Impact Alliance Group
> WLX 2026
> _______________________________________________
> African-Wikimedians mailing list --
> [email protected]
> To unsubscribe send an email to
> [email protected]
>
_______________________________________________
African-Wikimedians mailing list -- [email protected]
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to