Hello everyone,

I have a two suggestions for features that would make Agavi easier to use and combine with other frameworks.

1) The SmartyView should include Smarty in a more "correct" way.

Currently, it is being loaded through:

        require_once(AG_SMARTY_DIR.'/libs/Smarty.class.php');

This requires the AG_SMARTY_DIR constant to be set which could be ok, but including "libs" in the path is certainly not OK. If you are using Smarty through a standard install, the correct way (according to the Smarty documentation) is to include only "Smarty.class.php". To make this code further compatible with other, I would suggest checking if Smarty has already been loaded (using class_exists()). We use smarty for formatting mail as well (logic that will be executed before the SmartyView is), and therefore Smarty is loaded twice (fatal error!) unless we apply our in-house patches.

2) The __autoload() in Agavi.php needs to be improved
Uhm, never mind. I see this feature is already in there. Nice work :D

Best Regards,

Johan

--
Johan Mjönes
Developer

This e-mail (including attachments) is strictly confidential and intended
solely for designated recipient(s). It contains privileged and confidential
information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you must not
disseminate, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. Please
notify us immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments. Thank you.