AGI is the very hard engineering problem of making machines do all the
things that people can do. Consciousness is not the magic ingredient that
makes the problem easy.

On Sep 9, 2018 10:08 PM, <johnr...@polyplexic.com> wrote:

Basically, if you look at all of life (Earth only for this example) over
the past 4.5 billion years, including all the consciousness and all that
“presumed” entanglement and say that's the first general intelligence (GI)
the algebraic structural dynamics on the computational edge... is computing
consciousness and is correlated directly to general intelligence. They are
two versions of the same thing.

So to ask why basic AI is only computational consciousness not really
consciousness computation is left up the reader as an exercise :)

To clarify, my poor grammatical skills –
AI = computational consciousness = consciousness performing computation
GI = consciousness computation= consciousness being created by computation

The original key idea here though is consciousness as Universal
Communications Protocol. Took me years to tie those two together. That's a
very practical idea, the stuff above I'm not sure of just toying with...

John

*Artificial General Intelligence List <https://agi.topicbox.com/latest>* /
AGI / see discussions <https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi> + participants
<https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/members> + delivery options