As a related note, most Sophia appearances have nothing to do w
OpenCog, but in a series of appearances I made w/ her last fall (e.g.
RISE conference in HK, Transvision Madrid, Malta Blockchain Forum,
TransTech in Palo Alto) she was running OpenCog as a control system...

But OpenCog wasn't doing anything AGI-ish there, mostly being used as
an integrative control system (though it was a struggle to get the
codebase to do this sort of realtime-ish control, for sure)....  Now
we are doing some more cognitive / proto-AGI-ish OpenCog stuff w/
Sophia in the lab, including more motivation-driven action selection,
and knowledge-guided stochastic language generation for posing
questions to human conversation-partners, etc.   This will be rolled
out publicly when the time is right ;)

ben