The politics of it, reading between the lines of Musk's stated objectives
in founding the organization, seem to be that of cartel-style technological
gate-keeping, not shying away from the toolkit of crony capitalism and
regulatory capture to steer R&D in directions favorable to the involved
corporate entities.