On 8/14/19 10:11 AM, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:

On 8/14/19 6:57 AM, Nanograte Knowledge Technologies wrote:
I was wondering, what is currently regarded as being the best language to develop AI in?

It should become a programming language designed by some AGI, and with the implementation software generated by that AGI.

In a more pragmatical terms, I recommend using metaprogramming <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaprogramming> techniques to generate the AI code.

And for such an approach, Common Lisp is still very relevant. See http://sbcl.org/ for a good implementation.

And designing a persistent system with those ideas in mind is possible. See my http://github.com/bstarynk/bismon (whose official motivation is static source code analysis, but most of the code can be reused for AI)

More on these ideas notably on J.Pitrat's blog http://bootstrappingartificialintelligence.fr/WordPress3/

Cheers

*Artificial General Intelligence List <https://agi.topicbox.com/latest>* / AGI / see discussions <https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi> + participants <https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/members> + delivery options <https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/subscription> Permalink <https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/T1ff21f8b11c8c9ae-Mbb5cdbfd0c3e9f31bcfc3da9>
--
Basile Starynkevitch (92340 Bourg La Reine, France)
http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/  <bas...@starynkevitch.net>