Event 1 happens before event 2 :=
  There is a timeline.
  Event 1 is at position X in the timeline.
  Event 2 is at position Y in the timeline.
  Y is to the right of X.

That's one way. Sure, we used other words, but these may happen to mean
something to the AI already.

We could do it even simpler with numbers.

Event 1 happens before event 2 :=
  Event 1 happens at time X.
  Event 2 happens at time Y.
  X < Y.

So, in the presence of some event recorder module, this could already be
used to check something like "Did the window appear before or after you
pressed the key?"

Yeah, I'm all about desktop automation...

--
Stefan Reich
BotCompany.de // Java-based operating systems