Sure, especially when you vent poorly. Blaming society/other people for all of
your problems? Not a good look. Putting down "outsider" groups who are also
just trying to make a decent life for themselves? Not a good look. This thread
has given me an impression of Alan as an unpleasant, entitled person whom I
might not want to work with. I suspect that those among my co-workers who are
naturalized citizens would like him even less.
That's why I have not yet mentioned the name of my employer and the fact that
we need engineers badly.