John, now that you've elaborated some more, I think you're just trying to say:
there may exist an algorithm that performs lossy compression in the general
case, but achieves lossless compression on certain specialized datasets. As far
as I know, that's possible. It doesn't create some middle ground between lossy
and lossless compression, though. It does one or the other, depending on what
data you feed in. By definition, lossless = not lossy. The compressed result
either contains all of the information that was in the original, or does not
contain all of the information that was in the original.