Alan I agree, the chat nature for some of these people is absurd for a
mailing list.  Not to mention the gibberish and seemingly off-topic
diatribes, retractions and dubious claims.  It's never this bad on reddit
or the linkedin and facebook groups related to AGI.

I see the mentifex guy is still around claiming he's solved agi in a
browser; I remember seeing the ascii art diagrams and javascript from like
a decade ago.
We have one guy making youtube videos while he's apparently inebriated or
intoxicated.

One good thing I've seen is the occasional chime in from Ben Goertzel
(Hello fellow Marylander, let's do dinner), and a friendly French
researcher I've emailed with recently.
The compression threads are noisy but interesting -- is anyone working on
https://github.com/boris-kz/CogAlg ?

Alan I don't know your background in AGI development but please dig in your
heels and don't be discouraged about your job situation.  Keep perfecting
your craft.
If you need motivation you can reach out to me off-list.

As for compute resources, I've also been compiling a list for another AMD
build.  I've been happy with my threadripper but I need to hold larger
objects in memory, so I'm looking towards a dual Epyc Naples build with
512GB to 1TB of ddr4.  (Supermicro H11DSI-NT and a couple used 7601's)

--
Daniel Jue
Owner