On Sunday, February 16, 2020, at 11:09 AM, James Bowery wrote:
> How about nuking the social pseudosciences with selection of the best unified
> model of society based on lossless compression of a wide range of
> longitudinal measures?

How about not being narrow and obsessive? And how about discussing artificial
minds more, and your sociopolitical agenda less? Any exploration of the mind
will get into epistemology sooner or later, but that seems to be *all *you want
to talk about.
There are a variety of established methods for measuring how well a model or
hypothesis fits the evidence. A lossless compression criterion may be a worthy
member of this toolbox. You haven't convinced me that it should be the only
tool in the box. And your fixation on it is getting a bit tiresome.

On Sunday, February 16, 2020, at 10:48 AM, Robert Levy wrote:
> You are a braindead racist boomer.
What does Bowery's generational membership have to do with anything? Countering
racism with ageism isn't helpful. Neither is swearing at him. If you want to be
helpful, you could rustle up some factual refutations of his white
exceptionalism thesis. I don't have such references ready to hand, because I
never really thought I'd need to have this argument.

I don't subscribe to secular Darwinist priors, myself, so the whole idea of
some human groups being "more evolved" than others bounces right off me; I
laugh at it and throw it in the trash. Some with different priors might need
more convincing.