So I did find some interesting ideas trying to see how trinary and binary might
be related but I did not discover any breakthroughs of any kind.  And, the
exaggerated search for narrow efficiencies can lead you to infinite dead-ends.
I did discover a new way to convert from trinary to binary using something that
looks more like multiplication than division. (The ordinary multiplication
algorithm uses repeated addition and the ordinary division algorithm uses
repeated subtraction.) However,  I feel that polynomial form of n-ary
representation might be an interesting alternative to traditional
multiplication one day. There might be a reduction of the repeated additions in
 a multiplication and with some imagination that possibility could be related
to search procedures although it does not seem useful to the general programmer.
I have been thinking about discrete use of analog systems but I think that
Colin Hale feels that analog systems can be used to transfer information
through the various kinds of electro-magnetic forces that can be used in true
analog systems.
As I have been looking at numerical n-ary representations I realized that I am
more interested in objects that have multiple relations. So an object, as I am
thinking of it, might be related to numerous different groupings of objects.
Furthermore, an object might be an "operand" type object in a computation or an
"operation" type object. (An 'operation' type object is more like a function
that can be used on other 'operand' type objects.) I might use different
numbering devices on these objects so the search for efficiencies in n-ary
representations themselves might actually be a distraction from the sort of
thing I am most interested in.  But I did discover a few interesting things
while looking at the binary-trinary relations.