If a maximally efficient logical notation system, designed to express a system
that can be denoted efficiently by our contemporary logical notation system and
which was more efficient than the current system, was feasible then
equivalences would be possible only by going outside the notational system
because equivalences are evidence of inefficiencies in the notational system.
Therefore a maximal notation system cannot be run with a maximally efficient
deductive system.
However, this does not mean that notational-deductive systems that are more
efficient than our current notational-deductive system are impossible. I do
think that it implies that the degree of efficiency for a logical notational
system would be roughly inversely proportional to the efficiency of the
deductive processes that could be preformed on the system.