I'm still not on the boat d00dz?

Hell, Oliver Wendell Holmes called computers the "triumph of the ciphering
hand organ" and he was completely right. This isn't even AI, it's rubbing
sticks together and flipping switches. Richard Feynman would be looking at
this stuff and going.. "Yer MORONZ, never work, you're not even WRONG!"

Am I right or just missing the point? Anybody want to chime in?

Machines do not have MINDS. That is the biggest, dumbest metaphor out there
in the history of computer science. A chip is not a brain!

Human brain wetware is NOT computable. And the person who proves me wrong
would be a Nobellist except they probably haven't been BORN yet!

I like the idea of a machine learning by doing, but no one has bothered to
address my goal path opportunity topology paradox problem or whether a good
test game scenario even exists that will say, oh yeah, there is the special
sauce in there that equals "sentience."

I've read Ben Goertzels more impenetrable stuff in University libraries but
why not start with desire? I exist, I need, I move toward the environment
to fill the need, food, poop, air, water. Ok. Oh look.. a different thing
who smells nice. maybe he/she.it sees me too? Oh yah. Beauty, truth,
synergy, union.. COSMOS!

I'm seriously just talking to myself at this point aren't I?

A bot playing counterstrike effectively is potentially more interesting
than this AGI gar-BAGE.. or lets look at F.E.A.R. SImple software agents
that know, "go get the one guy, but don't get shot and don't decrement the
life counter to 0?"

HEll0?

[-)