On Saturday, July 02, 2022, at 8:18 PM, James Bowery wrote:
> What people are calling "Algorithmic Bias" is really "Algorithmic Amorality"
> since what people parading that phrase around are _really_ afraid of is
> algorithms that do not comply with the supremacist moral zeitgeist's biases.
So true. I remember somewhere on GitHub when they called an AI "racist" because
it knew certain skin colors better than others (forgot the details, but that
was the gist). I pointed out the simple fact that this was not "racist"
(implying evi lintent) but simply a reflection of its training data (so just a
subsection of reality) and was thumbed down.

Political correctness has really gotten out of hand.