The Wikipedia article at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qualia is about the
subjective experience of one mind which is not knowable as being different
from that of another mind. One main problem of Qualia is why we perceive
different colors such as RED, amber and GREEN on a traffic stoplight. As
philosophers of mind, we may ask ourselves why anything should ever look
red or green at all, as if redness and greenness were more spiritual than
physical. But when we see a round, bright red light at a traffic stop, our
conscious brain is also "tickling" our strongest memories of redness in
general, so that we are perceiving redness as a category of color. Since
red objects are fewer in number than green objects, red is both a shocking
and a beautiful color. Green objects, being more prevalent on Earth, are
soothing and tranquil to look at. It is especially important that red is
the color of human blood, which may shock us, and of things on fire, which
may frighten us. As newborn babies seeing a red toy, we have no associative
memories of redness to engender emotional responses, but over time we
develop a subjective awareness of red objects and of green objects.

Pain and pleasure may be a contrast between insistent, accelerated
sensations in the case of pain and slower sensations yielding to pleasant
memories in the case of pleasure.

https://ai.neocities.org/Consciousness.html#qualia