I'm assuming 1 but per character compression, so 1 GB of input text is 1B
bits, so 1B parameters. enwik9 compression is actually a little better.

A neural network with m neurons and n connections can implement roughly
2^n/m! distinct functions, allowing the m neurons to be permuted to
equivalent networks. Taking the log, that's roughly n - m log m bits, or
about n where usually n >> m.