> I think the key fact is that most of these projects are currently
> relatively inactive --- plenty of passion out there, just not a
> lot of resources.
>
> The last I heard both the HAL project and the CAM-brain project
> where pretty much at a stand still due to lack of funding?

That is correct.

I don't think significant engineering is going on in Pei's NARS project at
the moment, either.

Cyc, Novamente, A2I2, and James' Rogers' project, on the other hand, are
quite actively being developed...

> Perhaps a good piece of information to add to a list of AGI projects
> would be an indication of the level of resources that the project has.

A categorization into "projects with an active engineering team working on
them" versus "projects that are on hold" would certainly be valuable, I
agree.

ben

-------
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/