A paper I found while researching trigram frequency a little further
looks like it may be right up your alley.

http://www.ling.gu.se/~kronlid/term_paper/nlp_paper.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of Pablo
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2002 9:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [agi] general patterns induction

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for information about "pattern induction" or "general
patterns" or anything that sounds like that...

What I want to do is, having a stream of data, predict what may come.
(yes, and then take over the world... sorry if it sounds like Pinky and
The Brain!!!!!!!!!!)

I guess general patterns induction is related to data compression,
because if we find a pattern in a string, then we don't have to write
all the characters every time the pattern appears. Surely someone has
already been working on that (who?)

Anyone would please give me a clue? Is there any book I should read?? Is
there any book like "AI basics", "introduction to AI", or "AI for
dummies" that may help before?

Thanks a lot!

Pablo Carbonell

PS: thanks Ben, Kevin and Eliezer for the previous help

subscription,
please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Miller;Gary;A.
FN:Gary A. Miller ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
ORG:New Millennium Consulting
TITLE:Principal Consultant
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(440) 942-9264
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(440) 942-9264
ADR;WORK:;;7222 Hodgson Rd.;Mentor;OH;44060;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:7222 Hodgson Rd.=0D=0AMentor, OH 44060=0D=0AUnited States of America
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20021108T231940Z
END:VCARD