Ed,

I agree that it was very decent of Philip to admit
to starting the mis-spelling of my name. My general
complaint abou the mis-spelling was sent hours before
I even read Eliezer's message, but due to the vagaries
of email was delivered hours after my reply to Eliezer,
giving the impression that I was fuming about it. Not
so, I just wanted to let folks know it was an error.

> Bill, I've looked at some of your work...it's both plentiful and powerful!
> Personally, I like your Götterdämmerung text and the VisAD applied stuff.
> It seems you're the lead architect on VisAD.  Is the system presently used
> for any gaming applications, i.e. game (3D) development platforms, e.g.
> OpenGL?

Its not used for gaming. Its strength is that it integrates
metadata such as units, coordinate systems, sampling topologies
and geometries, missing data indicators, error estimates into
a data model that express pretty much any numerical data. Also,
it supports interfaces to a variety of scientific file and
server formats, and earth navigation for a variety of earth
satellites. This probably doesn't help games much, but is good
for science. It does use OpenGL via Java3D.

Cheers,
Bill

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]