This is sort of a vague question, Philip.

Clearly there is a lot of complex information-processing going on inside
cells --- DNA is a kind of complex computer program, and its genes code for
proteins, some of which collectively form a kind of assembler and compiler
for this program, etc.

However, the idea that this information processing plays a direct role in
human-mind-level information processing, is another hypothesis entirely.  As
you probably know, Stuart Hameroff has proposed that molecular-biology
information processing in the microtubules in the cell walls of neurons, are
a key part of human cognition.  Personally, I doubt it, but....  In the same
vein, I read a book a while back in which two guys named Jibu and Yasue
tried to follow up on Hameroff's ideas with a detailed theory of the
cognitive role of quantum nonlocality effects in water megamolecules in the
brain.  There has probably been more work along these lines recently, but,
it's definitely highly speculative and not accepted by the bulk of the
scientific community.

-- Ben G