On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 01:37:16AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If we cannot learn some messy alien language quickly then it
> IMO definitely does not mean we are too dumb to learn to think.
> There are people who have exceptional problem solving skills,
> yet learning another language is a real challenge for them.

The general part of general AI refers to a small amount of cognitive
deficits. Whereas the current state of AI refers to some very few, isolated
capabilities which collapse into nothing when you make one step in problem
space. Current AI is wasteland of absence, with some very few spikes here and
there.

No generalisation. No learning. That's the state of the art.

--
Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org";>leitl</a>