On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 12:41:16AM -0400, Philip Goetz wrote:

> Why do we have both an email list and a forum?
> Seems they both serve the same purpose.

Both planes and ships are means of transportation.
So why do we have both planes and ships?

Email and the web are very different media, and
in many ways complementary. A synthesis of both
(a blog/forum/email) would be best, but this hasn't
been done yet properly.

So for time being, the forum is a very different
medium from the list, and we should keep both
for those who're more comfortable with either.