Philip Goetz wrote:
Those companies don't make money off the software.  They sell products
and services.  The GPL is not successful at enabling people to make
money directly off software.  This is critical, because it takes a
large company and a large capital investment to make money selling
products and services.  This business model is useless to people like
us, who need a way to hack out some code and make money off the code.
You are right. And I can understand why in such a case the GPL might not be the right license for you to use. OTOH, if your license precludes my using your software in a GPL program, then it precludes me from using it. There are tradeoffs everywhere. Your choices are yours, and appear to be for valid to you reasons (rather than due to some misunderstanding).