I am interested in meta-learning voodoo, so I thought I would add my
view on KR in this type of system.

If you are interested in meta-learning the KR you have to ditch
thinking about knowledge as the lowest level  of changeable
information in your system, and just think about changing state. State
is related to knowledge in that states can represent knowledge. The
difference lies in the fact that you can't change the knowledge to
change the knowledge representation, however you can change state to
change the knowledge representation.

We do this when we program computers with different KR for example.
You can't call the low level bits and bytes of a computer a KR,
because they are not intrinsically about any one thing, they are just
state.

Of course with this meta-learning situation, you do have to give an
initial KR to be modified and improved upon, so discussion of the
initial KR is still interesting.

Will Pearson