>> You have hinted around it, but I would go one step further and say that
>> Emotion is NOT contrary to logic.

:-) I thought that my last statement that "<emotion> is equally likely to be
congruent with <logic and reason>" was a lot more than a hint (unless congruent
doesn't mean "not contrary" like I think/thought it did  :-)

I liked your distinction between illogical and irrational -- though I'm not
sure that others would agree with your using irrational that way.