J. Storrs Hall, PhD. wrote:
On Sunday 18 February 2007 19:22, Ricardo Barreira wrote:

You can spend all the time you want sharpening your axes, it'll do you
no good if you don't know what you'll use it for...

True enough. However, as I've also mentioned in this venue before, I want to be able to do general associative retrieval, interpolation, and extrapolation of time-varying trajectories of manifolds in n-dimensional spaces, and constructive solid geometry between them.
BTW, if you do make efficient tools for this, we could certainly use them within Novamente -- though
perhaps for a more limited purpose than what you envision.

I wouldn't try to get NM to represent general knowledge in this way, but, for representing knowledge about the physical environment and things observed and projected therein, having such operations to
act on 3D manifolds would be quite valuable....

ben

I'm guessing that's about halfway to AI -- i.e. the amount of coding needed, with that as a primitive, needed for AI is about as much as required to get that from current programming tools.

Josh

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?list_id=303