On 3/23/07, David Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a Math minor from University but in 32 years of computer work, I
haven't used more than grade 12 Math in any computer project yet.

I created a bond comparison program for a major wealth investment firm
that
used a pretty fancy formula at it's core but I just typed it in.  I didn't
have to create it, prove it or even understand exactly why it was any
good.

IMO, creating an AGI isn't really a programming problem.  The hard part is
knowing exactly what to program.  The same was probably true of your bond
program: The really hard part was originally coming up with that 'fancy
formula'
which you just had to type in.

Thus far math has proven very useful in many areas of artificial
intelligence,
just pick up any book on machine learning such as Bishop's.  Whether it will
also be of large use for AGI... only time will tell.

Shane