On Monday 01 October 2007 10:32:57 pm, William Pearson wrote:

> A quick question, do people agree with the scenario where, once a non
> super strong RSI AI becomes mainstream it will replace the OS as the
> lowest level of software? It does not to my mind make sense that for
> it to be layered on top Vista or linux and subject to their flaws and
> problems. And would you agree that AIs are less likely to be
> botnetted?

Yes and no. At the lower levels, this would be like hygeine and medicine to
them, and they would likely be more robust against simple viruses. But at the
higher level, they would be susceptible to memetic infection, as everyone in
this group has apparently been infected by the "friendly-ai" meme. The reason
they would likely be susceptible is that they (and we) would be pretty much
worthless if they(we) weren't.