RE: [agi] Religion-free technical contentEdward Porter:I don't know about you,
but I think there are actually a lot of very bright people in the interrelated
fields of AGI, AI, Cognitive Science, and Brain science.  There are also a lot
of very good ideas floating around.

Yes there are bright people in AGI. But there's no one remotely close to the
level, say, of von Neumann or Turing, right? And do you really think a
revolution such as AGI is going to come about without that kind of
revolutionary, creative thinker? Just by tweaking existing systems, and
increasing computer power and complexity?  Has any intellectual revolution ever
happened that way? (Josh?)

-----