The difference between NARS and PLN has much more to do with their
different semantics, than with their different logical/algebraic
formalism.

For example, according to the semantics of NARS, Bayes rule, with all
of its variants, is deduction. Therefore it is impossible to use on
induction/abduction/...

Also, in NARS the higher-order inference rules are mostly isomorphic
to first-order inference rules, in the sense that they use the same
truth value function, and there is one-to-one mappings between them
--- see http://nars.wang.googlepages.com/wang.abduction.pdf for people
who don't have the book.

Pei