From: "Lukasz Stafiniak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>The programs are generally required to exactly match in AIXI (but not
>in AIXItl I think).

I'm pretty sure AIXItl wants an exact match too.  There isn't anything
there that lets the theoretical AI guess probability distributions and
then get scored based on how probable the actual world is according to
that distribution -- each hypothesis is either right or wrong, and
wrong hypotheses are discarded.

The reference I use for AIXItl is:

    http://www.hutter1.net/ai/aixigentle.htm

From: "Lukasz Stafiniak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>It depends on reality, whether the reality supports Wolfram's hypothesis.

I'm guessing you mean the "Priniciple of Computational Equivalence",
as defined at:

   http://mathworld.wolfram.com/PrincipleofComputationalEquivalence.html

He's saying that 'systems found in the natural world can perform
computations up to a maximal ("universal") level of computational
power'.  All the AIXI family needs to be near-optimal is for the
probability distribution of possible outcomes to be computable.  I
couldn't quickly tell whether Wolfram is saying that the actual
outcomes are computable, or just the probabilities of the outcomes.

--
Tim Freeman               http://www.fungible.com           [EMAIL PROTECTED]