On Monday 12 November 2007 19:31, Richard Loosemore wrote:
> Yikes, no:  my strategy is to piggyback on all that work, not to try
> to duplicate it.
>
> Even the Genetic Algorithm people don't (I think) dream of evolution
> on that scale.

Yudkowsky recently wrote an email on "preservation of the absurdity of
the future." The method that I have proposed requires this massive
international effort and maybe can only be started when we hit a few
more billion births. It is not entirely absurd, however, since we would
start the project with investigation methods known today and slowly
improve until we have millions of people researching the millions of
varied pathways in the brain. From what I have read of Novamente today,
Goertzel might be hoping that the circuits in the brain are ultimately
simple, or that some similar model that has simpler components building
up to some greater actor-exchange medium, effectively mimics the brain
to some degree.

- Bryan