My concern is what happens if a UFAI attacks a FAI. The UFAI has the goal of killing the FAI. Should the FAI show empathy by helping the UFAI achieve its
goal?

Hopefully this concern was answered by my last post but . . . .

Being Friendly *certainly* doesn't mean fatally overriding your own goals. That would be counter-productive, stupid, and even provably contrary to my definition of Friendliness.

The *only* reason why a Friendly AI would let/help a UFAI kill it is if doing so would promote the Friendly AI's goals -- a rather unlikely occurrence I would think (especially since it might then encourage other unfriendly behavior which would then be contrary to the Friendly AI's goal of Friendliness).

Note though that I could easily see a Friendly AI sacrificing itself to "take down" the UFAI (though it certainly isn't required to do so).