Hi everyone,

Most people on this list should know about at least 3 uncertain logics
claiming to be AGI-grade (or close):

--Pie Wang's NARS
--Ben Goertzel's PLN
--YKY's recent hybrid logic proposal

It seems worthwhile to stop and take a look at what criteria such
logics should be judged by. So, I'm wondering: what features would
people on this list like to see?

Here is my list:

1. Well-defined uncertainty semantics (either probability theory or a
well-argued alternative)
2. Good at quick-and-dirty reasoning when needed
--a. Makes unwarranted independence assumptions
--b. Collapses probability distributions down to the most probable
item when necessary for fast reasoning
--c. Uses the maximum entropy distribution when it doesn't have time
to calculate the true distribution
--d. Learns simple conditional models (like 1st-order markov models)
for use later when full models are too complicated to quickly use
3. Capable of "repairing" initial conclusions based on the bad models
through further reasoning
--a. Should have a good way of representing the special sort of
uncertainty that results from the methods above
--b. Should have a "repair" algorithm based on that higher-order uncertainty

The 3 logics mentioned above vary in how well they address these
issues, of course, but they are all essentially descended from NARS.
My impression is that as a result they are strong in (2a) and (3b) at
least, but I am not sure about the rest. (Of course, it is hard to
evaluate NARS on most of the points in #2 since I stated them in the
language of probability theory. And, opinions will differ on (1).)

Anyone else have lists? Or thoughts?

--Abram