Hi Ben,

I think that the current focus has its pros and cons and the more narrowed
focus you suggest would have *its* pros and cons. As you said, the con of the
current focus is the boring repetition of various anti positions. But the pro
of allowing that stuff is for those of us who use the conflict among competing
viewpoints to clarify our own positions and gain insight. Since you seem to be
fairly clear about your own viewpoint, it is for you a situation of diminishing
returns (although I will point out that a recent blog post of yours on the
subject of play was inspired, I think, by a point Mike Tintner made, who is
probably the most obvious target of your frustration).

For myself, I have found tremendous value here in the debate (which probably
says a lot about the crudeness of my philosophy). I have had many new insights
and discovered some false assumptions. If you narrowed the focus, I would
probably leave (I am not offering that as a reason not to do it! :-)  I would
be disappointed, but I would understand if that's the decision you made.

Finally, although there hasn't been much novelty among the debate (from your
perspective, anyway), there is always the possibility that there will be. This
seems to be the only public forum for AGI discussion out there (are there
others, anyone?), so presumably there's a good chance it would show up here,
and that is good for you and others actively involved in AGI research.

Best,
Terren