I do a lot of lurking around here, I read about 60% of what is posted and I
would definitely love to see more engineering-specific content. I myself am
working on a pet theory and have a substantial amount of code written... so
to me, anything testable, downloadable, and provable hits a good chord with
me.

I too quickly get bored with the "intellectual masturbation" as someone once
so eloquently put it. I don't like this hyper-abstract ping pong of
inapplicable ideas, but rather the stuff I can translate into real code and
results.

Don't get me wrong however, there are still a lot of very useful discussions
that take place here... but I would like to see a bit of a refocus (that is
part of the reason why I lurk).

- Joseph