Not talking custom hardware, when you take your existing app and apply it to
the distributed resource and network topology (your 100 servers) you can
structure it to maximize its "execution" reward. And the design of the app
should take the topology into account. Just creating an app and uploading it
to a cloud and assuming the cloud will be smart enough to figure it out?
There's gonna be layers there man and resource task switching with other
customers.

Cloud substrate software is probably good but not that good.

You could understand how the cloud processes and structure your app towards
that. I have no idea how these clouds are implemented.

John